What We Do
CVIP programs are designed to provide mutual learning across political, cultural and religious boundaries in accordance with the CVIP Mission Statement.
- MSU Global Festival — CVIP and OISS organize this annual event during International Education Week in November.
- Every Tuesday Group (Closed until further notice) — MSU international student spouses share social and activity time with one another and American women.
- International Friendship Program — Volunteers match MSU international students with volunteer community families for friendship and cross-cultural understanding.
- Home Visits — Once a semester, international students in the A+ English Language School visit a variety of American homes in a warm and open setting.
- Lending Center — Volunteers collect and loan out various household goods for newly-arrived international students living in MSU apartments.
- Scholarship Committee — Committee members provide academic scholarships for the spouses of international students.
- International Speakers Program — MSU international students are offered opportunities to share their culture with American school children and local community organizations.
- International Spouse Connection — MSU international spouses meet weekly to make connections and to find friendship and support within the MSU international community.
- Volunteer English Tutoring Program — VETP provides free English conversation lessons for Michigan State University's international students and scholars and their adult family members.
- Administrative Services Committee — Volunteers support the CVIP organization as a whole and do not directly interact with international students. It is composed of three units: the CVIP Office, the Membership Committee, and Public Relations.